I'm not trying to start a flame, but am really curious why a SB3 costs
so much.  Is it the components, low-volume production, or ???  I'd love
to fill my house with SBs and support the product, but at US$200 a pop,
I just can't justify the expense.  So, I use the (free) software
players (stand-alone in my office, with the SageTV plugin in the living
room and master bedroom, and streaming to my Palm when mowing the lawn,
etc.)  I can overlook the slight synchronization issues between the
rooms because it's free, but no one is getting paid for their efforts!

I'd love to see a $49.99 wireless SB and a $99.99 wireless with
built-in speakers (perfect for the bathroom!)  Then, I could afford to
put SBs in the kid's rooms as well and configure things so they just
access their own music, etc.

Slimserver is managing all my music playback, (streaming and MP3
collection), and is a great piece of work.  Please lower the financial
bar on using the hardware!  If the hardware cost is that high, then
consider making "standard" and "pro" models.  I'm not an audiophile and
don't need top-of-the-line stuff as long as it sounds decent plugged
into my stereo.

--
KarylFStein