This just plain sucks.

I'm a Systems Admin for a large company dealing with thousands of
managed PCs.  I've been running SlimServer for a couple of years and it
is by far one of my greatest joys at home!  However, after installing
Vista Enterprise at home a couple of months ago, I've been racking my
brain (and almost downgraded to XP on my main desktop) to (1) try to
get SS to complete installation [I have to shut it down after endless
inactivity during install] and (2) just to get the SS service to start
as has been stated by others.

FINALLY, against my better judgement, I uninstalled both McAfee
ViruScan Enterprise and the latest version (as of this post) of
ZoneAlarm (free).  SS finally starts but... Ugh!!! I can't take this
Windows Firewall!!! It's really, really bad - particularlly the one way
notifications.  I like granular control over data coming in and out of
my computers like ZoneAlarm gives me.  A "problem with True Vector
Service????" No!  I had the same version of ZA and SS together on my XP
machine with no issues...!!!!

Please, PLEASE come up with a fix so I can re-install ZA.  Has anyone
else tried any other (hopefully free) ZA-type firewalls????

I'm not happy...

--
SubLo