Fishing for some advice....

My 'garage pc' just fell over again and as the slimserver machine
that's really annoying, no music! Some hardware/power failure this time
which I may not be able to fix.

So I start looking round on ebay to buy another 5 year old beige box
and use that as the server. Then I thought how about an old mac, as a
recent convert to OSX, I am impressed, and was thinking maybe even old
macs will be well built and won't fall over.

So which is more reliable (and will slimserver run?) a no-name beige pc
or a powermac G4 (400Mhz or so), as I can get both for around £50 from
ebay if I look hard enough. I think I can cram in the IDE hard drives I
bought for my 'server' in to either. I haven't been able to find the
minimum requirements for slimserver beyond OSX 10.3, but I did try.

Am I just trying to justify another Apple purchase!

--
sdevans