On 16-Oct-07, at 12:17 PM, lemmy999 wrote:

> /Slim/Schema/Resultset/Contributor.pm (-1/+25 lines)
> /Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm (+1 lines)
> /Slim/Web/Settings/Server/TextFormatting.pm (+1 lines)
> /HTML/EN/settings/server/formatting.html (+13 lines)
> strings.txt (+15 lines)
>
> The problem is that I do not have all of the files (or even all of the
> directories).  Under /Slim/Web I just have a Pages and Template
> directory.  I do not even have a TextFormatting.pm file anywhere on my
> computer.  The same sort of thing for the formatting.html file.  The
> patch I am using was for 6.5 and I use 6.5.4.

A proper patch for 6.5 won't be using those files.
Slim/Web/Settings/Server/TextFormatting.pm is part of Slim/Web/
Setup.pm in 6.5
HTML/EN/settings/server/formatting.html is irrelevant in 6.5 as all
setting templates get built by Slim/Web/Setup.pm

Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm is also very different between 6.5 and 7.0

If you use 6.5 you should try to find the right place in Slim/Web/
Setup.pm to add the setting to the web ui (it's an ugly file to find
stuff in, which is why it was blown apart for 7.0)
I'm not sure what the default does, so you may not see any difference
until you can change the pref.

-kdf