JimC;237392 Wrote:
> Your symptoms point to a dropped network connection, since the screen
> blanks (when the server is lost) and returns to the OFF node when the
> server is rediscovered.  You should look into interference  issues
> (2.4GHz phones nearby, microwave sources -- ovens, antennas, etc., your
> neighbor's access point, etc.).
>
> You may benefit from changing to a channel not near any other access
> points.  1, 6, and 11 are best (you need 5 channels between each for
> 802.11G networks).
>

> -=> Jim

Same problem for me. Just stops playing intermittently. My computer
says the signal strength is very good. I got rid of my 2.4GHz phone
recently. But there's noise everywhere. Of course I have a microwave,
but it's not running when the problem occurs. When I check available
wireless networks, there are typically 4-5 signals I can see from
neighbors. Can't do much about that.

I went to check which channel I use for my Wifi and noticed that I had
forgotten there are settings for 'Super G' and 'Super G with Turbo'
which supposedly speed up the network. I wondered if that could be a
problem and a Google search brought up a few articles about how many
technical types think these modes can increase the potential for
interference. I switched my router to standard G mode without Super G
or Turbo. We'll see if this helps!

--
jvlgato