The VFD on my first SB1 purchased (later upgraded to SB1G) died some
time ago. I didn't want to pay the replacement cost and the audio
portion was working fine, so I left it alone. Now several months later
most of the rest of the SB1 seems dead as well. It no longer shows up
in the Slimserver player list. However I can ping it and it does send
and receive UDP packets to and from slimserver when there is IR
activity.

I removed the VFD and put it into another working SB1G (not upgraded,
original) and the VFD does not work over there. The working VFD does
not work in the broken SB1 either.

Should I put the old SB1G out of its misery, or is there anything else
left to try?

Thanks!

--
jth