Slimserver itself is fairly lightweight so that spec should be more than
sufficient. The hard drive speed is pretty irrelevant, the SB has a
large buffer so you won't notice any blips in the transfer.

For comparison, I was using slimserver and InguzDSP on a 1.8Ghz core
duo laptop which is only slightly faster than your spec and that was
only using 20% CPU (most of that was down to the Inguz plugin).

If you've got the choice I'd go XP over vista. XP is way less resource
hungry and as it's a server you won't see the vista eye candy anyway.

I settled on a Mac Mini as my dedicated slimserver / media PC in the
end. Small, quiet and horsepower to spare - the only thing against them
is the cost.

Marc.

--
sugarmonster