OK, I might be hijacking this thread, but I suppose it's somewhat of a
similar topic...
I've toyed with the idea of running Slimserver on the same machine I
use as my firewall and proxy to the outside world.  Having read this
thread, I think I should probably DMZ the slimserver on another machine
behind the firewall which brings me to my question...

My existing home firewall is an old Redhat 5 machine (circa 1998)
running iptables with NAT and some port forwarding to other servers.  I
need to retire this monolithic beast because it consumes a ton of
electricity for a simple firewall.  Does anyone know of a small, cheap,
off-the-shelf, linux firewall that runs iptables or is at least as
simple to configure and change as iptables?  I frequently SSH to my
current setup to change a few ports, which I like because it's easy.  I
would love to do that same, just with a smaller more efficient firewall.
An ideas? Thoughts?

--
sdonham