while i am at it... (today i must have posted as much as i normally do
in 1/2 year! ;-)

my albumart is in a separate directory from my music. i have SS set up
to display it. (i think)

my scheme is based on albums, because they are unique.

but i have album tags with "$" and ":" in them, which NTFS cant
handle.

so how do i name JPGs for such albums?

example album:
"Some Girls Wander By Mistake: 80 - 83"

what name should i give the albumart JPG?
"Some Girls Wander By Mistake 80 - 83.jpg" -> tried it, doesnt work
"Some Girls Wander By Mistake  80 - 83.jpg" ? (supposed to have TWO
spaces between Mistake and 80, but the BBS autocorrects it)
"Some Girls Wander By Mistake_ 80 - 83.jpg" ?

i know i could try it out, but i really do not want to re-scan the
entire DB every single time! (takes ~45 mins. on my machine)
(see also: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=35177)

thanks for your help guys!

--
dcote