bhaagensen;235585 Wrote:
> Hi,
> What this does: Streams from slimserver over WLAN to a Nokia N95.
> Playback is controlled using the N95 builtin browser and the special
> 'handheld' skin. The instructions are N95 specific, but I'll comment a
> bit on that at the end.

Hi Bjørn

This is v cool! I've got an N95 too, and tried investigating this a
while ago, and didn't really get anywhere with it. So it's great to see
you've managed to get it working.

A couple of questions:

1. How does it affect battery life? How long have you managed to get
out if it when doing this?

2. Have you tried streaming it over 3G, as well as WLAN? If so, how
does *that* affect battery life? Was the playback OK?

3. Do you have any thoughts on the old 'radiation channelled through
your headphones and destroys your brain' theory? I must admit I've been
mildly concerned about this, even to the extent of switching to the
Offline profile when listening to mp3s on the phone for a prolonged
period of time! Perhaps I'm just a coward ;)

4. I've tried using the handheld skin via the N95 a few times, and have
noticed that it never seems to finish loading the page - ie, although it
seems to be fully rendered, the progress bar never completes. Have you
noticed anything like this? Maybe it's just a quirk of my server...

Anyway, any thoughts would be great, thanks a lot.

--
oktup