fred7 wrote:
> Just a helpful reminder to be very careful using the /mir option because
> it will delete files not in the source. Doing this backwards can have
> devastating results.

I'll reiterate this warning and make a suggestion.

My approach to mirroring music directories uses a batch file containing
robocopy commands.  I schedule this to run nightly.  I _do not_ use the
/mir switch for these automated runs.  Rather, these commands use
switches that enable straight one way copies.

Nothing is lost, but some cruft will build up on the destination disk.

When I want to clean up the cruft or need space on the destination disk
I first inspect the source contents to ensure that everything looks OK
then kick off a copy of the same batch file edited to use the /mir option.

HTH,

--rt