I've been a Slim Devices user for many years now, owning 2 devices (ver
2 & the transporter) and also using versions of Softsqueeze on my
computer.

Since upgrading to Leopard OSX 10.5 on my Mac Pro (dual Quad-core),
I've noticed:

PROBLEM
---------------------------------------
1) Playback using Softsqueeze 3.3 is very poor "mostly" from the
right-channel.
2) The sound is coming through but is very "echo-y" and "digitally
noisy".

This effect is HIGHLY noticeable, so much so that I can't listen to it
anymore.

MY SYSTEM
---------------------------------------
1) I listen to FLAC files exclusively.

2) Softsqueeze 3.3 (on a Mac Pro running Leopard OSX 10.5) is
connecting to the Slimserver which is running on a local networked
machine, (WinXP) on a Gigabit wired network connection.

3) Softsqueeze GUI is functioning properly and is able to browse,
search for music and initiate playback.

TESTING I'VE DONE
---------------------------------------
1) Thought it may be the speaker OR audio connectors OR audio card in
the Mac.  But all other audio playback from other players on this
machine perform properly, without noise. This includes loading the same
FLAC file over the same network to a different client (VLC player on the
Mac), without difficulties.

2) Tried removing and reinstalling the Softsqueeze client, this
resulted in the same audio issue.

3) Tried running the Java-build of Softsqueeze, this resulted in the
same audio issue.

4) Tried removing & reinstalling the Slimserver on the WinXP machine
with the latest release build, this resulted in the same audio issue.

5) Ensured that on the Firewall for the Mac (under Leopard) that
Slimserver had the ability to pass through it OK.

6) I've noticed no network lag or issues between my Mac and the Winxp
machine on my network.

In my opinion it seems to be client-based problem with Softsqueeze
(3.3) and Leopard, as it worked when I was using Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger).

After doing some research I've noticed that Leopard OSX 10.5 on the mac
seems to have a new Java runtime built in.  Could that be the issue?

QUESTIONS?
1) Anyone else have this issue?
2) Anyone have any suggestions /fixes to try?

Thanks for any help you could provide.

--
hometheatremaster