mecouc;243229 Wrote:
> It's connected using homeplug, which should be effectively the same as
> ethernet..because it is once out of the homeplug adapter. But I can
> test with a cat-5 cable straight to the router.. I'll report back!
>
> And I can't tell you how much I appreciate receiving help straight from
> the Big Boss.. thanks.

Homeplug signalling is not at all like ethernet, but what's more
significant here that it shares the same power line that also feeds
your other equipment. Interestingly, this subject came up a few weeks
ago and I argued why homeplug would be _unlikely_ to cause audible
problems. But there's a first for everything.

It would be very interesting to find it can in fact be picked up by an
amplifier. We've seen this with wireless, where headphone amps can pick
up 802.11 signals from the air, using the headphone cable as an antenna
- the audio amplifier chip can inadvertently act like a radio.

--
seanadams