I've started converting my CD library to FLAC.

I have SlimServer 6.5.4 set up on a Win 2003 Server, Dual 2.8 Xeon, 2GB
Ram box with M-Audio Delta 410 sound card.

If I fire up SqueezeSlave (0.7.0) and play a FLAC file, I get a lot of
digital interference; pops, splutters, pauses, stutter, micro-replays,
skips etc.

If I launch SoftSqueeze and play the same track to the same audio
device, all is well.

Now, I'd prefer not use SoftSqueeze as i want to run this as a
multi-zone system with multiple headless soft instances and I don't
want the Java overhead etc. that SoftSqueeze entails.

Anyone any idea why SqueezeSlave might be misbahaving?

Peter

--
meep