blxm;243843 Wrote:
> I had the same speaker choice dilemma when I bought a SB3. I opted for
> the AudioEngines which at GBP200 weren't the cheapest but in terms of
> performance, aesthetics and WAF, they are probably the best electronic
> thing I have bought. Ever.
>
> Ended up with a very nice minimalist setup and I've got them on floor
> stands so my 2 year old cant smear milk or snot all over them.

Had it been for any other room besides my office, I would have gone for
the AE5's. For my desk, where space is at a premium, the form factor won
out. No regrets at all though.

Glad to hear that the AE5's are that good. Come to think of it, a
system in the garage *would* be nice... :)

One thing many on the forum agree on is that SB3+powered speakers are a
compelling combination.

--
ob_kook

SB2 --> Axiom passive pre --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio
Contour 1.3 MKII