> fred7 wrote:
> > Robin Bowes;244637 Wrote:
> >> ....and nobody cares! :)
> >>
> >> R.
> >
> > It sure seems that Sean Adams cares. This seems to be a minor bug if
> it
> > exists at all. I'm sure that most companies wouldn't even look at
> it.
> > Sean seems to be taking it very seriously, but as he has said these
> > things take time. Personally I'm not affected if this an MP3 only
> bug
> > since I only use FLAC but it's nice to see that it is being looked
> into
> > so quickly.
>
> Yes, he's good like that.
>
> Mine was rather a flippant response which sort of flowed from sikajr's
> post: "nobody knows... nobody knows... ...and nobody cares!" - hence
> the
> smiley.
>
> I'm sure Sean/Dean/Logitech/Slim Devices will want to investigate this
> to see whether or not there is a problem. But, in reality, most users
> really won't be too bothered about problems with a -90dB mono mp3
> file.
> It really is an edge case. Personally, most of my collection is flac
> and
> I'm not too bothered about how mp3 sounds.
>
> sikahr: be grateful that the people who are in a position to do
> anything
> about this have committed to investigate it, and don't be surprised if
> no-one else (nobody?) is too interested.
>
> R.

Yeah, I thought that it was more of a poke at sikahr's post more than
SD and Sean but I just wanted to defend them a bit. sikahr seems really
concerned that none of the users really care but it probably doesn't
affect many of them - for me using only FLAC I would only look into an
MP3 problem out of curiousity and I'm just not that curious. I think
that sikahr probably put a lot of time and effort into showing the bug
and is dissapointed in the lack of interest of most users but he has
gotten the attention of the most important people for an issue like
this.

--
fred7