robroe;246574 Wrote:
> Has anyone tried the A2s with the Squeezebox? I am hopefully purchasing
> a Squeezebox and speakers for my kitchen this Christmas and I am
> struggling to work out which speakers to buy.
>
> I've heard good things about the Audioengine speakers and I am edging
> towards the A2s for their reduced size (WAF important) and price.
>
> I have looked at the Aego M also but I need a 2.0 setup as presumably I
> would need to put a sub on the floor and I dont think that would be very
> practical in the kitchen.
>
> The main area of the kitchen is about 12 feet by 14 feet would the A2s
> be ok for this?
The A2s will do just fine. I have a pair in my kitchen connected to a
SB3 and they sound fantastic. They are very similar to the A5s - just
in a much smaller enclosure. The A2s deliver incredible lows for such a
small speaker, just like the A5s they are even a little boomy.
My kitchen is somewhat smaller than yours. I usually have the A2s
turned up to about 30% of the max volume and the SB3 volume between 70
and 100.

-s.

--
slimpy