Not that I'm in the market for any new equipment right now, but it is
somewhat annoying to periodically read about the special discounts for
the SB and Transporter that are only available to those who happen to
be close to Slim Device's headquarters. (Current holiday open house
offer for 12/14/07.)

It leaves a kind of a salt-in-the-wound feeling. No one is going to die
from it but it just has a quality about it that doesn't sit well with
the vast majority of customers who are unable to take advantage.

I recall that others in the past have expressed similar sentiments.

Perhaps a compromise would be to make the deal available to anyone who
orders on that particular day. Those who participate in the forums
would get an equal shot no matter where they live, but it still
wouldn't be opening the floodgates to the world.

Just a thought.

--
mlsstl