skelly99 wrote:

> However I'm puzzled how best to handle the speaker situation without
> running any additional cables.  Obviously I will need a multi-channel
> amp (suggestions welcome) but in order to turn this into a multi room
> set up will I need a seperate SB3 located centrally for each zone?
> Is there a way of having the SB3 located in each of the zones so they
> can be controlled locally but the speakers still being amplified
> centrally?

Well, you can do it many ways. But the usual way for SqueezeBox users to
do a setup like this is to only run the CAT5 to each SqueezeBox, and
have short runs from each squeezeboxen to powered speakers or a small
amp/speaker setup.

I'm not sure I understand why you'd want to have sources (the SB) in
each room and then run the music back to a central amp. Perhaps I'm just
not following it, but the usual SB setup is to move the music via
Ethernet or WiFi to each room and let each SB handle selections,
volumne, etc.

HTH