aroide;186013 Wrote:
> I have around 400 CDs shared via slimserver.  That's too many for me to
> remember even what I own.  I want to print lists by Album and Artist to
> have as a cheat sheet in my living room to refer to.
>
> the web interface is clunky for this and I haven't found a plugin that
> works and does this.  So now I'm digging into the files slimserver
> stores when it looks for new music and playlists.  Where is this data
> stored on Windows and Mac (Windows preferred, but I have both setup)?
>
> Anyone already solved this problem?

Got into the same problem. Can't remember my collection either.
I ended up in writing a script for it as I couldn't find something
usefull. It is an ongoing project and new features are being added.

I attached some screenshots of the GUI and the output. It actually
generates three output files;
1 HTML with the complete catalog including covers and tracklistings and
a MHT file and 1 HTML with only artist, album and year (just for quick
reference).

Some things to know about it:
- An .CSV export file from Tag&Rename is expected as input (see script
help for more info) but i'm looking into Slimserver DB access right now
to eliminate Tag&Rename dependency.
- The script searches for cover.jpg files in the MP3 directory where
the albums reside and display the album cover if found. This file is
also used by SlimServer but if you have named them otherwise it can
easily be changed.

The script is a VB wrapped in a .HTA with some accomodating files.

Send me a mail if you want to try it.
Frank

|Filename: Clipboard01.jpg                                          |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3873|

SilverRS8