Of course you probably already know that the squeezebox is never off.
If you have "brightness" set to 0 when "off" the light  you probably
see is the heating elements that keep the VFD working.  Unfortunately,
this problem has been debated over and over.  The reality is that
slimdevices would have to re-design the motherboard to have a power
control for the heater.  AFAIK they have not showed any interest in
doing this.  A shame as it could shave a couple of watts off the
standby power usage.

As for the NAD issue, I read the other thread and I can't think of a
good way to solve the problem. :(

--
SuperQ