slack_ed;251210 Wrote:
> Hello, I just got the SB set up yesterday and it is a very cool device
> for listening to tunes.
>
> The distance between my pc and computer seems to be an issue. Using a
> Linksys WRT54G router the sound cuts out, or gets more distorted, from
> time to time. Looking at the new routers it sounds like the new 802.11n
> routers get better range. Does anyone know if there would be an increase
> in range if one went to one of these routers?

I used to have a Buffalo G router that had intermittent problem
extending to my bedroom which is 2 concrete walls away.  After
upgrading to a D-Link DIR-655 which is a draft-N router, the reception
has been perfect across the whole house.

So at least for me upgrading to N router did make a big difference.

(Note the DIR-655 is a higher price model than the other DLink pre-N
routers so the lower models may not have as much power.)

--
agentsmith

SB2, Pioneer DV-S733A, Benchmark DAC1, Naim Nait 5i, Naim Ariva
Speakers.  Playstation 3 for Blu-Ray, Panasonic 43" Plasma, Harmony
880.  Storage via Buffalo 250GB LANStation, Linksys NSLU2 300GB USB
drive, 720GB RAID One USB drive, Slimserver in Thinkpad R61,. T30 and
T40p.   Network using Panasonic HD Power over Ethernet and Buffalo
WiFi.