norderney wrote:

> Yes but would that affect the playback of FLAC music files ONLY?
> Remember I can play MP3 files ok and I can access internet via wireless
> all without any problems.  Also FLAC files do play ok if I do not use
> the Slimserver web browser.  FLAC music files play fine even when I am
> accessing internet vis wireless connection.  I would have thought if it
> were another wireless network I would have other problems such as
> intermittent problems accessing the internet.

Sure, there are known problems with transcoded formats playing on SB1s,
which you've already been discussing. The problems manifest as reduced
throughput from the server. Bandwidth issues also lead to reduced
throughput. Prior to christmas, the problems weren't bad enough to break
through the barrier of the SB1's buffer, but as the bandwidth
deteriorated, things got worse.

> Is there any software that I can download from the internet that will
> let me search for other wireless networks?

http://www.netstumbler.com/

- Marc