Personally, my SB3 is on to play music, not look at the screen.
The VFD with the analog (needle) display is fantastic.

All I'd look for in an SB4 is a bit more horsepower to decode DTS/AC3
converted to Flacs at their highest compression rating.

And more memory to cache more of these files.

Whatever Slim do, they obviously need to keep it reasonably spaced
(product wise) from the Transporter, so they don't cannbalise sales
from the higher end product.

I have an Ipod enabled alarm clock that I would happily dump for a Slim
enabled product. It's a JBL product with the following flaws.
1) The light sensor does not completely switch off the display, so I
sleep with a blue glow on the ceiling all night, wasting power. It
should turn off the display completely after 5-10mins of darkness and
let me use the snooze button to bring it back on.

2) The interaction with the ipod is crap so most mornings, the ipod
just plays the first track alphabetically. ABBA first thing in the
morning, every morning, is not a good vibe. So now I just use the built
in buzzer, like my old alarm clock.

3) I do on-call support and need to keep a mobile beside my bed at
times. My old cheapo Philips alarm clock was immune from the phones
"phone home" signals but the JBL is not, resulting in a loud blast of
noise during the night. So the mobile has to be kept at a distance from
the clock.

Sorry for hogging the thread.

--
oreillymj