Hi all,

i have encoded my library using two formats : ALAC anc AAC320. I used
Apple Lossless for the recordings that are worth it (about a third of
my CDs) and adopted a "slightly" lossy format for the rest. The reason
is that i use the same library on my iPod (classic) and at home.
Simple.

Well, all would be fine if i hadn't been a "victim" of the mov123 bug
of file names' length (#4705) which obliged me to use FAAD as the AAC
decoder, as suggested on the bug tracking.

The problem is that i can swear that i can hear a (slightly audible)
difference between mov123 and faad decoding. That is not a big broblem,
to be honest, but i'm kind of a "maniac" when it comes to audio
reproduction.

I haven't been through very extensive comparisons between the two
decoders (simple lack of time), so i was wondering whether there're
others who have experienced these differencies between them. :)

--
Themis

SB3 - Arcam AV300 - Mulidine Arpége