JJZolx, actually the knob seems to make its occasional buzzing sounds
regardless of whether or not it has been used. But we all really do
like the knob functionality (I personally like it very much), and would
hate to not be able to use it - as it is such a "family-friendly"
feature. Also, in the list of fixes from SS 6.5.3 to 6.5.4, I didn't
see any mention of fixes for the items I mentioned - which is why I
didn't yet install 6.5.4 (but perhaps I will do this now, since you've
suggested it).

Thanks Sean, really appreciate all the work that went into this great
device and please don't consider any of my writing as a negative
comment about the Transporter - it is an amazing achievement. Actually
yes I did search bugs.slimdevices.com for similar reports of these
things I've mentioned, but didn't see anything that looked exactly the
same as these items. Thought about filing some of these items as new
bugs, but I'm torn about doing that, since the issues seem to occur on
their own schedule, without the same trigger each time.

SuperQ, the Transporter is running wired and was installed directly in
place of the previous wired SB3. No networking problems here (I've
checked).

Thanks for the good ideas and advice so far, and for any replies still
to come...

--
NewBuyer