bklaas;257017 Wrote:
> Not exactly true.
>
> I've been controlling my amp via the Controller and Felix's fantastic
> IRBlaster plugin for months now. Works great.
>
> My amp remote has been in a drawer since November, and haven't needed
> it once.
>
> #!/ben
Presumably you were using the Controller with an SB3. In the Duet
system on display at CES, the Receiver had no way to output IR. Today,
I can control an entire home theater system, including an SB3, from a
single universal remote control. The Duet system I saw couldn't do
that. In this instance, the Receiver's lack of IR input and output was
the limiting factor. Yet it would be preferable to have the Squeezebox
display on the remote rather in the rack of AV gear.

Does IRBlaster let you control an entire home theater via the
Controller, including TV, DVD, cable box, etc?

--
TiredLegs