noduplicates;257107 Wrote:

> The SqueezeBox Controller will miss its opportunity to be a runaway hit
> and quash the pricier competition (Sonos). If you must make and sell
> this product with this small screen, I would debut a prototype on your
> website of a more expensive larger LCD screen controller. Those that
> are price conscious and are comfortable with the smaller screen will
> rush in to buy that. Those that will only want to use the larger screen
> will say “they
> finally got it right and it’s worth waiting and paying for”.

The SqueezeBox Controller hardware is obviously here to stay, since it
should be possible to buy already in January I suspect most units has
already been manufactured and is currently being prepared to be shipped
to all the stores.

I agree that a larger screen and to be specific a larger touch screen
would have been very nice.
However, announcing a prototype for a new more advanced remote at the
same time as they release the current SqueezeBox Controller would be a
bad business decision. They obviously like to try to sell the current
hardware before they start announcing something new and better is
coming. I think a second edition of the SqueezeBox controller will be
released, but if anyone expects this to happen within the next year I
think you might be a bit too optimistic.

Personally I'm still dreaming of a SqueezeBox Portable that will be
good enough to replace my iPod Touch as a portable device.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))