I finally got it to work on my office laptop, but I wasn't logged into
my office network.  Instead, I was out of the office communicating via
my verizon broadband card.  I was able to run the Softsqueeze applet
and listen to music in my slimserver library.  My conclusion is that my
office is blocking ports 3483 and/or 9000.  I will try changing the
ports to something that I think I can communicate through at the office
and see if that works.

Hopefully this provides you with an action step for you to try.

--
dminches

SB3> CI Audio VDA-2> Aragon Soundstage> Aragon 8008X3> Vandersteen 3A
Sigs