pichonCalavera;260488 Wrote:
> The Last.fm scrobbling/radio integration with Squeezebox has been for a
> while with plugins and more recently with the Squeezecenter 7.0 beta.
>
> Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I just found this
> page on Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/hardware
>
> It's mentioned on their blog too:
> http://blog.last.fm/2008/01/07/geekery-in-las-vegas
>
> I hope this partnership brings many good things to Logitech/Slim
> Devices integration with Last.fm,, now let's hope they integrate
> Last.fm radio and services more quickly into Squeezecenter :)

Just to make the Logitech team aware, this new Squeezebox feature (like
SlimScrobbler) won't work for those of us running the SlimServer
iTunesUpdate plugin to transfer play counts and ratings from SlimServer
back to iTunes (I think there are a few of us). In that scenario, if you
scrobble from iTunes as well (to capture your iPod plays into Last.fm)
you get duplicate conflicting scrobbles in Last.fm.

To use the new feature we'd have to give up scrobbling in iTunes or
disable iTunesUpdate. Neither of which I would want to do.

Best solution in my book would be for Last.FM to discard duplicate
scrobbles but I don't think that's on their roadmap.

--
barcar