Duet - looks like a nice alternative to the SB3 though I'll not be
rushing out to get one if it offers no audio quality improvement (not
that my SB3 with external DAC is bad in any way).
It was irritating though to find that the Duet needs a 9v supply unlike
the 5v of the SB3. What would I do with my current investment in a
linear, regulated model ?
I'm no electrical engineer but do get more and more hacked off with
needing dozens of wall warts etc where every product seems to have a
slightly different need (they come with different power ratings,
physical configurations, plug diameters etc). Would it not be possible
to standardise supplies around 2 or three alternatives (eg 5v, 12v,
18v) so at least there's the possibility of using existing gear ? Could
the duet have been made to work with 5V (esp if the receiver circuitry
is much the same)
Ah well . . . .

--
liffy99