seanadams;262142 Wrote:
> The WOL packet is a broadcast so it shouldn't matter, but to answer your
> question I believe if it doesn't know it will behave like a hub and send
> it to all ports.

The problem is that the packet which is sent from the internet is
otherwise structured as a WOL packet, but in fact is a UDP packet sent
to a certain address (unicast). (My ADSL router then forwards it
internally to the specified address.)

I have now used windump (tcpdump) and found out that the packet
actually comes to my net and is destined to the right IP. I hope to
find a PC with wireless card for the weekend to check that the packet
is also sent over the air. Then, I think, it is easier to track down
the problem.

Cheers,
Mika

--