IRBlaster is such a natural accessory that, if anything, I'd hope to see
it become part of the stock package.  Making it not even an option seems
like a bad call, especially on a unit that can be hidden away with all
its cabling.  I just received mine this past Monday, took all of ten
minutes to install and set up the plugin, and now I can't believe I've
been SB'ing without it all these years.   It goes really well (using an
SB2) with the new SB Controller too -- no more trips to the
entertainment center to get things started, change what's playing, or
power everything down.  Just completely convenient music.

While enabling the SBC's IR to control receivers would be nifty, it'd
still feel like an awkward step backwards (a wifi controller that still
requires line-of-sight to turn things on and off?) to me.

--
bobv