> When you say: "the SB1 can only handle MP3 and wav" you mean the
> *hardware* can only handle mp3 and wav? I would still be able to flacs
> which were decoded on the server? And still use the tags?

Yes, the SB1 can handle all formats that the SB2/3 can handle, but the
server will have to do the decoding for everything except wav and mp3.
 The tags will still show up properly on the SB1.

> What about about SQ if I'm listening from the analog outs? Are there
> any major difference compared to v.2/3?

I think the DAC in the SB2/3 is "better" than the one in the SB1, and
I seem to remember there being some other improvements to the audio
path, but I'm not sure how significant they would be considered.

Mitch