This must be a pandemic!
I am also in Sydney and my Squeezebox (v3) just died yesterday (8th Feb
2008). It was two years and one month old.

Mine didn't die overnight though. Its been going down intermittently
for the past fortnight. At the time I thought it was just suffering
from local wireless interference and intermittently losing contact with
the slimserver, but now I suspect it was actually a sign of incremental
failure.

I'm hoping its just the power supply that is broken, but some power is
still getting through because the squeezebox is warm to the touch and
the optical spdif connector is emitting light.

Other than that, I get no network response from the squeezebox (either
wireless or ethernet) and the screen is totally blank.

--
subconscious