The PC is wired to the router. The router is a Linksys WRT54G
with Tomato Firmware.

Tomato reports signal quality of 41 for the SB3, signal quality
for the 2 SB1s in more remote areas of the house are 44 and 47.
I never have problems with the SB1s. It is odd that the signal
quality for the SB3 is lower, as it sits in the next room from
the access point with only 1 wall in between.

The SB3 itself reports 73 for signal strength, with the more
remote SB1s reporting 60 and 68, which makes a little more sense.

For a while I had increased the power output of the access
point to help with some Jive Hardware Beta issues, but I dropped
it back down to default. I may try boosting it again to see if
that helps matters.

--
jth