I had problems for months with 6.5.4 it never ran stable on my WIN XP
machine.

I realy tried everything regards network.

The support is parroting the "it is your network mantra for about 4
weeks before you get anywhere"

My remedy in the end was:

In order of importance

SC7.0 (uppgrade to latest if yours is a couple of weeks old)

Do not use Norton (uninstall that crap)

To compare my wifi is set upp like this (this was not a problembut
maybe usefull info):

Fixed IP (no dhcp)

WPA2-PSK [AES] option in the netgear router.

channel 6 in the netgear router.

g only option in the netgear router.

"Disable Advanced 108Mbps Features"
"Disable eXtended Range(XR) Feature"
"Dsiable SSID Broadcast"
I also filtered the Wifi to only accept my SB3's MAC adress

Only SPI firewall running in router, no content filtering

furthermore give the following applications unrestricted access trough
your firewall (maybe only trough specific ports, but it's easier this
way):

SqueezeTray.exe
Squeezecanter.exe
scanner.exe

Some Firewall ned settings to aviod scanning the MySQL files (search
the forum, for details)

chers
Mikael

PS can we have an officiall note in the wiki that Norton is not to be
used with SS & SC it is clearly the case ? Just say soo and avoid a lot
off user frustration.

--
Mnyb