Hello everybody

Firstly - can I just say that this is my first post. I've been lurking
for four or five months now and finally got my SB3 two weeks ago (after
a year and a half of persuading Mrs Boosh that we really needed one and,
yes, curtains are more important).

Squeezecentre is great - very intuitive and well laid out. The SB3 is
absolutely superb, the size and devotion of the forums are a testament
to just how good SB is.

I have got one problem though: When a song is playing the remote
responds perfectly - accessing / scrolling is nice and quick and the
remote seems to function as it should.

However, once a song or playlist ends the remote doesn't seem to
function at all. I have to go back to the PC and start another song or
switch the SB off.

Squeezenetwork works without a problem when I first switch on - but I
obviously can't get to it once the remote freezes.

My network set up is quite basic - there's no other traffic apart from
the SB.

I have a Netgear DG834 router in the dining room. This links to the PC
(running XP) and a homeplug connection.

The homeplug emerges in the sitting room and goes into a Netgear
switch. This then goes in to the back of the SB. I couldn't get the SB
to obtain an IP address without the switch, but it worked first time
going through the switch.

SC7 is on my C Drive and music files are on a Freecom external drive.

AVG provides anti-virus protection.

The router has a firewall but, as far as I can tell, there are three
exceptions in it allowing SB traffic through. I have the windows
firewall on as well.

I've disabled all screensavers in SB to no avail.

Any advice and help will be very gratefully received.

Mighty Boosh

PS For anybody interested, the first artist to be played on my SB was
the late, great Warren Zevon. RIP.

--
Mighty Boosh