MuckleEck;268837 Wrote:
> "balck" in the context that I meant is a box that is intelligent but
> gives no outer indications (much like the black box flight recorders on
> aircraft)
>

> Firstly you did not state in your original post that your laptop wored
> fine at the pool but the SB did not, secondly most laptops have
> significantly larger aerials in them (because of physical size) than
> the SB, finally yes I wopuld like to "live to 100" :-)

First up laptop antennae are a mere strip of copper wire placed around
the outer edge of the LCD. The SB could hold the same size with ease
(If they decided to spend the money) Why say it will pick a signal from
100 meters, when 30m is more accurate? Misleading indeed.

A simple socket and the provision to buy an add on antennae would solve
the problem.

Let's be honest it's reception is piss poor.

--
Dekker22