I am in a similar situation with a couple of thousand CDs which I still
have not finished ripping after a couple of years. I also do not mind
going through my collectin this way. However, I do notice that I am
spending much less time listening to music since a lot of time is
preoccupied on ripping, organizing and tagging, and sometimes playing
with Slimserver configuration etc.

--
agentsmith

System 1: SB2, Pioneer DV-S733A, Benchmark DAC1, Naim Nait 2 (sold 5i),
Naim Ariva.  PS 3 for Blu-Ray, Pioneer 43" Plasma, Harmony 880.

System 2: SB2 connected digitally to a Meridian F80

Storage via Buffalo 250GB LANStation, Linksys NSLU2 300GB USB drive,
720GB RAID One USB drive, Slimserver in Thinkpad R61.   Network using
Panasonic Ethernet over Powerline and DLink DIR-655