Great feedback, and like I stated - there is the option for regular
ethernet connection.

BUT, this is marketed as a "wireless streaming device" - so that's what
the article is geared towards.

I run high security on my laptop, router NAT, and Yoggie Pico security
device - port forwarding MUST occur for me. If you are not worried
about firewall settings, that's your data. Not mine.

And you're right, I should restate on "lossy vs. Lossless" transfer,
it's what I meant, and realize I should change that comment.

No CD in the box is a welcomed addition, and completely understood
relying this product makes use of an active network - you probably 99%
have access to an internet connection as well to download it. It isn't
bad, it was just noted.

While it can process 5.1 files, it will not output 5.1 through an audio
file that isn't encoded with it (as a standalone processor might). I'll
make note that you need to have a 5.1 DTS reciever and 5.1 WAV + flac
file to take advantage of this.

Taking advantage of the slimserver network and utilizing a seperate
computer in sub. for a squeezebox was awesome! I used the Asus EeePC as
written here:

http://www.laptoplogic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5270

--
simonsays