Having spent a good 45 minutes unsuccessfully searching the forum and
bugzilla for some other posting on this, I'm writing it up myself.
Apologies if it's already covered (tell me what search terms you used
to find it). I am currently running 6.5.5 Mac OS X 10.4.x, but I have
been getting this issue forever, including when I used to run a Linux
box.

Often, but not always, when playing a list containing individual tracks
from several albums, the system plays the current song for too long,
such that the start of the next track on the album is heard before the
start of the next track in the playlist.

The current track plays out, you hear the pause after the track and
then a snatch of the start of the next track on the album. You then
hear that instantly replaced by the start of the next playlist item,
which plays normally.

For example, if the playlist contains album A track n, followed
immediately by Album B track p, you hear the end of Album A track n,
pause, the start of Album A track n+1, then Album B track p immediately
starts and plays out normally.

This is the case EVEN IF THE TWO TRACKS ARE FROM THE SAME ALBUM PLAYING
IN SEQUENCE, ie if the playlist contains album A track n followed
immediately by Album A track n+1, you hear the end of track n, pause,
the start of track n+1, then track n+1 immediately starts again and
plays out normally.

Most of my library is in FLAC format, and I wonder if this is part of
the problem? Unfortunately the problem does not occur EVERY time and I
have relatively few mp3 files, so it's hard to tell.

Yes, I have tried rebuilding the library etc etc etc.

Thoughts, anyone?
--Richard E

--
relen