jaysung;274109 Wrote:
> 2. Is it possible to try squeezecenter 7.0 while sticking to 6.5.4 on my
> main server? I have got a nas running 6.5.4 stable for a while and want
> to stick to it since SC7 will need repackaging for that nas. But I
> would like to look at SC7. Will there be firmware problems or will each
> server feed my players back and forth with respective firmware?
You could easily install SC7 on a PC and switch between the two. Yes
you would need to "upgrade" the firmware each time you change, but
other than some hastle, it shouldn't cause any problems.

jaysung;274109 Wrote:
> 3. How exactly is setup of sbr with sbc done? I heard that the controler
> talks to slimserver and that it inturn talks to the receiver. This
> seemingly isn't true for setup right?
You setup the Controller with your wireless and SueqqCenter details, it
then connects temporarily to the Reciever and transfers the wireless
settings to it. After that both devices are communicating directly with
SC7

jaysung;274109 Wrote:
> I am asking since the sbr lacks a display and would therefore be THE
> device for blind people you are quite into music listening mosttimes
> but don't have decent audio gear. If the setup could be done without
> the remote that is of no use to the blinds right now the sbr allone
> would be a real deal!
There is a Reciever setup plugin being developed that will let you
manually add the wireless details etc

--
funkstar