Sorry, I can't provide any solutions.  But, I can tell you you that I
have the same issue.  After upgrading from 6.3 to 6.5 (SlimServer
Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - RedHat - EN - utf8), SS's playlist
functionality has not worked for me.  All of my previously saved (and
working) playlists suddenly became "empty" according to SS.  Saving new
playlists using SS's web interface doesn't work either.  I've even tried
creating a playlist manually, but SS still reports it as "empty".  Other
applications (Amarok for example) have no problem playing the same
playlists created in SS.  I have been following other threads here
discussing the same, or very similar issues.  So far, I haven't found a
solution that works for me.  Hopefully, a fix will be discovered soon.
Non-functioning playlists is a big issue to me, and probably others
too.

HoZ

--
HoZ