results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41597
Question: Does Album Catalogue Creator (RC5+) create a trustworthy
output?

- Yes
- Yes but with minor issues
- No
- It does not work at all

killie99;274593 Wrote:
> I'm begining to think this is a squeezecenter problem. If I do a scan of
> my music directory, sometimes some of the compilation albums show as not
> being by "various artists" but show as by one of the artists on the
> album. When this happens the album catalog creator shows the
> compilation albums as by 1 of the artists on the album rather than
> various.

It would explain the strange behaviour of ACC. ACC really only queries
the database. The query returns regular albums by artist as well as
Various artists. The various artists are albums which are classified as
various artist by SC. This however is often not true. A regular album
with one or more featuring artists on it is classified by SC as Various
Artist album.
ACC therefor determines for all Various artist albums the actual
Artist. It does so by checking the artist performing most of the album
songs. If this is true for more than half of the tracks it changes the
Various artist to the orginal artist (in a temporary DB table). It
works really well presenting 'true' results.
After all this is done it uses the temporary table to generate the
actual catalog.

So having said this I can only say that the problem must be somewhere
in the database i would say....

Frank

--
SilverRS8