Rodney_Gold;274754 Wrote:

> Very scrapey/squeaky sound when I turn it and very hard to turn , like
> something is binding , it's brand new.
>
> Now does that sound "normal" or the way it's supposed to work or how
> does anyone extrapolate that what Im documenting might be me mistaking
> the normal operation as broken when its not?

I think you have to realise that "scrapey/squeaky" and "hard to turn"
are somewhat subjective terms. I think SuperQ was also trying to
understand exactly what symptoms you are experiencing in order to
perhaps give better advice.

You said you are used to using internet-forums. Then you'd also know
that helping someone with a problem often means asking lots of obvious
and trivial questions. It doesn't mean that the askee is implying that
the asker is not up to par.

Finally these forums (-audiophiles) are ususally very civilized, and so
one can assume that if anyone takes the time to answer your question,
they are doing it to help, not pester.

Regards Bjørn

--
bhaagensen