-So back to my original question , can SEAN or anyone else with
experience of the build/construction of the unit tell me what I can try
myself , like how to perhaps remove the knob and reseat it on its shaft
or whatever system it uses , it seems something is binding or the knob
is contacting some other part like the facia or backing section or
something like that.-

It should be pretty self-explanatory. The aluminum knob itself is held
to the shaft by friction. Just pull it off the front and you will see
that the mechanism is held in place by a nut. First try turning just
the steel shaft of the mechanism without the knob attached.

If you take the top off of the transporter then you can undo the nut
and remove the mechanism.

If you can determine that the knob mechanism itself is binding
internally, then you may want to see if you can negotiate a replacement
of just the knob component from our Mountain View support team.

However, there is one important note of caution here: the knob is held
in place by a steel nut which threads onto the plastic housing of the
knob mechanism. Excessive torque will strip the threads, but the other
reason it needs to be carefully torqued is that there is a point well
before stripping the threads where the optimal amount of torque is
reached, where the knob turns freely while still being firmly attached.
I've personally never needed to use a torque wrench to install them, but
that is what is used in the factory. Just use the minimum toque needed
to keep the mechanism firmly in place.

--
seanadams