The Ogg is a stereo file with an average bitrate of 64kb.
I don't remember exactly what quality level that corresponds to.
I encoded this a year or so ago, using dbPowerAmp.

It used to work fine on my SqueezeBox (purchased just a few months ago,
so the software should all be current).

I first noticed a problem a few days ago, after the forced firmware
upgrade to access Pandora on SqueezeNetwork.  At that point, whenever I
went back to playing from my own music library, it would force me to
downgrade the firmware, but Oggs wouldn't play.

I hoped that upgrading the server to version 7 would help, but it
didn't.

My mp3s play fine.

I believe it is set up to play oggs directly, rather than transcode.
How do I double-check this in the new server interface?

--
puzzler