bobkoure;275721 Wrote:
> BTW, I turned this off all those beta versions ago because I wanted to
> be sure the server wasn't transcoding.
> I -assume- that I can control this through Settings/players/player
> name/audio - and then set a rate in the "Bit rate limiting" field. Do I
> have that right? Anything else I need to do to make sure my hardwired
> boxes don't get transcoded streams?

Yes, that's right.  On the players where you don't want transcoding to
mp3, just set Bitrate Limiting to 'No Limit'.

You might also double-check that under Server Settings > Advanced >
File Types you haven't disabled Flac streaming as both Flac and Wav.
If you disable both, then the only thing left is to transcode and
stream as Mp3.

> That player/audio panel has the string -The LAME encoder appears to be
> installed correctly on your system.- directly below the Bitrate
> limiting field. Seems a trifle counterintuitive if it then needs
> installing...

No, it's just telling you that LAME is installed correctly on the
system in case you want to user the bitrate limiting.

--
JJZolx

Jim