I use electronic timers to switch stuff off. You can set them up to give
different times at the weekend. The timers themselves draw a little
current but judging from how cool they feel it's probably a miniscule
amount.

I have a power meter in my lounge and it's kind of cool to leave for
work in the morning and see it displaying 0.00 :)

In my case switching off my server, router, AV stuff (including Sky+
satellite PVR) saves me 130w an hour for 80 hours a week. That's 10.4
units a week which is around £80 a year.

You could also use this as an excuse to buy some kit. Get a cheap
laptop, fit a 24/7 hard drive in it and use that as a server. I did
that for a while and it reduces server power consumption quite
dramatically.

--
AndrueC